Okay…here we go again. Typical yadda yadda, i am hope and i have a blog yet never write on it. I know, I know. However, this time will be different. I promise y’all. I am back and better than ever, here to talk about something that nobody really wants to talk about-exams. I am about to begin my last exams in my high school career, and even though I am exempting all of them, I still have to take one AP test and one health science EOP. Therefore, I am going to need some study time ASAP. So, just so I could procrastinate more, here are some of my favorite study tips and bible verses to get you and I through exams!
- TAKE CONSTANT BREAKS. Trust me on this one, you will not be able to get much work done if you are almost brain dead and just pushing through your tiredness. What I usually do is 30 minutes of studying, whether it be rewriting notes (more on that later), making flashcards, or just reading over the material. After the 30 minutes are up and my phone alarm goes off, I will take a 5-10 minute break. Easy peasy. Check Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, those kinda things. Sometimes I’ll journal and write about how much I hate studying. It just depends on what kind of mood I’m in. This first tip might seem silly and simple, but its definitely easy to forget when you’re pulling that last minute all-nighter before your test. Just remember to give your brain a rest! And He said, “My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest. Exodus 33:14
2. CHANGE LOCATIONS. I don’t know about y’all, but I am not the kind of person to stay in one place for long. I always need to be moving, and once I get into an antsy mood, it’s not a good time for anybody. I have multiple different studying spots in my house: my bed, my desk, my kitchen table, and the bench swing that I have in my front yard. Also, I will honestly be able to find places to study wherever I am, I have this weird talent of being able to get comfortable anywhere. But really, getting to see new places in and outside of your house will truly get you good while studying. If you’re in the same place, you will start to feel bogged down and in my situation, I get discouraged. If I’m discouraged and bored, it’s not a good mix for my studying environment. So. Change locations.
3. REWRITE YOUR NOTES. This is by far my biggest tip for studying. It has been my tried and true method since I have been in school. It’s very time consuming, tiring, and frustrating, but I promise that is tried and true. I’m also a weirdo and enjoy the feeling of writing on a crisp piece of paper with the perfectly worn down pencil tip. Someone assure me that I’m not alone in feeling like this. I probably am..but it’s okay. Don’t knock it ’til you try it!
4. USE COLOURS! Some of my favorite things in the world are pens, and specifically for my colourful notes I like to use my Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens and in some way, “colour code” my notes. I am not super organized but I do like aesthetically pleasing things. While studying, don’t make your eyes strain! Choose some super cute colours and go crazy with it!
5. STAY ENCOURAGED. I know that it doesn’t seem like it right now, but I promise, you are going to be okay. Your grade does not define you. No matter what, keep a smile on your face and remember that if nothing, you have an amazing God who watches over you constantly. He loves you no matter what grade you got on that exam. I know you’re stressed and overwhelmed, but you aren’t alone. You have the hundreds of other students behind you, but most importantly, you have the Almighty God on your side. Forever! My help comes from the LORD, who made the heaven and earth. Psalm 121:2 ESV
- Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- Proverbs 3:26 for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the LORD direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. (17) For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, (18) as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
Y’all are going to KILLLLLL your exams and I can’t wait to see everyone be relieved and excited for summer! I promise that an update blog post will be posted soon, and I am working on my blog to make it new and improved for constant posting! God Bless y’all, and happy studying!
Song of the Day: Rosie by John Mayer